Gas Gas has just released its new two-stroke, which will be available in 300cc and 250cc versions. It is virtually all new, produced with the considerable resources of its new parent company Torrot. What follows is the official press release, but we will have a chance to ride the bike for ourselves in three weeks. We can’t wait.
The Gas Gas EC/XC 2018 range has a powerful new engine with a new thermodynamic. It is to be manufactured in two capacities (250/300cc), with electric start. It is going to be a delight for riders with even more performance than its two-stroke predecessors.
Sometime you have to finish an era and start a new one. Grow stronger and wiser. To re-invent oneself as an improved version, just like the new Gas Gas EC/XC 2018, the total renovation of Gas Gas in enduro.
NEW BIKE COMPONENTS:
· Central backbone frame, completely redesigned, less torsional stiffness and low weight
· Aluminium sub-frame with new profiles, lighter and more resistant
· Kayaba (KYB) Ø 48 front fork, AOS (Air/Oil Separation) system, sealed cartridge, adjustable spring rate, compression and rebound
· Kayaba (KYB) monoshock with adjustable rebound and adjustable high and low speed compression.
· Greater turn angle.
· Black suspension and handlebar clamps.
· Fully redesigned aluminium alloy swingarm, optimized and lightened.
· Optimised link with wishbone and rocker system, new progressive rear suspension.
· Completely redesigned chain guide system and rollers .
· Easier chain tensioner adjustment.
· Rear axle designed for faster removal.
· EXCEL rims with silver galvanized spokes.
· NG brake discs.
· Narrower petrol tank with a large fuel capacity
· Larger air filter housing volume.
· Rapid filter removal system through the side cover number panel.
· Inlet system (filter, spider assembly, canister and nozzle).
· Narrower seat with lateral mounting covered with a larger foam base to improve comfort.
· Lighter footpegs with more grip and greater surface area.
· Nissin rear brake and slave cylinder system.
· MAGURA clutch cylinder.
· Redesign of the whole body of the motorcycle, narrower, more aggressive and more comfortable.
· Radiator grilles
· Fork protectors
· Frame protectors
· Electrical installation and distribution of its components (battery, CDI, starter relay, regulator and coil)
· New multifunction
· LED rear light and headlight
NEW ENGINE COMPONENTS:
· Motor Gas Gas EC, new thermodynamic and higher performance
· New crankshaft
· Cylinder with new distribution
· Cylinder head with new strut
· FMF Powercore 2.1 exhaust silencer designed exclusively for Gas Gas
· New refrigeration system