HONDA CRF230F & CRF50F: FIRST RELEASES FOR 2019
Within the realm of recreation riding, the CRF230F stands tall: Motorcycling magazines the world over have complimented this mid-sized off-road machine for its many play-bike-oriented attributes. With the ease of electric starting, it’s the perfect match for all-day fun and off-road adventure.
- Dependable 223cc single-cylinder air-cooled four-stroke engine offers plenty of user-friendly power and torque spread over a wide-rpm range.
- 28mm carburetor for crisp throttle response.
- Electric start for ease of starting.
- Lightweight aluminum crankcase.
- Maintenance-free CD ignition.
- Heavy-duty clutch offers smooth, progressive engagement.
- Smooth-shifting, versatile six-speed transmission.
- Heavy-duty O-ring-sealed chain for durability and reduced maintenance.
- Quiet, USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
- Box-section aluminum swingarm is first in its class.
- Lightweight semi-double-cradle high-tensile steel frame.
- 37mm leading-axle Showa fork offers 9.4 inches of suspension travel.
- Fork boots keep dirt and moisture away from fork seals.
- Heavy-duty Showa shock offers 9.0 inches of travel.
- Pro-Link® rear suspension.
- Cam-type chain adjusters for easy maintenance.
- Powerful 240mm front disc brake.
- Lightweight rear drum brake.
- Strong, lightweight rims with straight-pull spokes.
- CRF®-R-inspired bodywork and graphics.
- Motocross-style seat is low and comfortable, and allows maximum rider movement.
- Easily detachable number plate.
- High-impact plastic skid plate protects lower engine cases.
- Folding shift lever.
- Washable, reusable foam air filter for reduced maintenance costs.
- Front and rear steel sprockets for durability.
- High-quality handlebar with comfortable grips.
- Extra-wide, cleated, folding, self-cleaning foot pegs and brake pedal for secure footing.
- Maintenance-free sealed battery.
- Keyed ignition switch.
- Colors: Red
- Availability: June 2018
- MSRP: $4,349
2019 HONDA CRF50F
Back by popular demand for 2019, Honda’s CRF50F enjoys a legendary heritage dating back to the days of the ultra-fun, twin-shocked Honda Z50. Still one of the most beloved small-bore four-strokes in existence, the CRF50F features modern styling, incredible durability, and an outstanding blend of usable power and effortless handling. It weighs in at just 111 pounds, and although it was designed with the youth rider in mind, many a grown-up has been caught red-handed taking a “quick spin” on this little Honda. Simplicity is the name of the game with this model, as the air-cooled thumper features an automatic clutch and 10-inch wheels front and rear. There’s a reason that so many riders recall starting their careers aboard a Honda; the CRF50F is the ultimate first motorcycle for the littlest rider in the crew.
Engine / Drivetrain
- Dependable 49cc SOHC four-stroke engine develops smooth, easy-to-use power.
- 10.0:1 compression ratio for good performance and easy kick starting.
- Maintenance-free CD ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- 11mm piston-valve carburetor offers excellent fuel mileage and throttle response throughout the rpm range.
- Smooth-shifting three-speed transmission and automatic clutch offer simple operation and easy takeoffs.
- Durable #420 drive chain offers dependable operation and low maintenance.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester is efficient and quiet.
- Closed-crankcase ventilation system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Adjustable throttle limiter.
- Keyed ignition switch prevents unauthorized use.
- Easy-access washable foam air filter simplifies maintenance.
Chassis / Suspension
- High-tensile steel frame and swingarm offer excellent balance of strength and compliance.
- Inverted telescopic fork offers a plush 3.7 inches of suspension travel.
- Single-shock rear suspension provides 2.7 inches of well-damped travel and is mounted to a reinforced swingarm.
- 28-spoke, 10-inch-diameter wheels with die-cast-aluminum hubs look great, provide excellent maneuverability and offer smooth ride quality.
- Powerful, lightweight front and rear drum brakes.
- Wide, long-wearing off-road tires offer excellent traction.
- Front and rear suspension spring and damping rates for optimum rider comfort and bump absorption.
- CRF-R-inspired bodywork, Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.
- Narrow 4.3-inch-wide CRF-type seat, slim fuel tank and extra-low 21.6-inch seat height provide excellent comfort and mobility for a broad range of young riders.
- Motocross-style handlebar with padded protector.
- High-quality, comfortable grips.
- Folding, cleated foot pegs offer secure footing even in muddy conditions.
- Durable plastic fenders are nearly indestructible.
- Color: Red
- Availability: June 2018
- MSRP: $1,499