Ricky Carmichael’s 2001 KX250SR factory race bike is our main focus on this week’s Two-Stroke Tuesday brought to you by Boyesen. We packed 2-Stroke hardware with items from Twin Air, Torc 1 and Mettec Titanium. You don’t want to miss this week’s 2-Stroke Theater and the exclusive link to our KX300AF build at the end of this post.This machine and Ricky dominated the 2001 SX season winning 13 main events on his way to the championship. These Chevy Trucks graphics are one of our all-time favorite designs.
The powerplant was a complete factory model with loads of titanium hardware topped off with sand- cast covers. KMC is still guarding the secrets of what’s inside.
The triple clamps might not look the greatest but in 2001 these were unobtainable for the average person and they got the job done! It’s amazing to look back and see how far the aftermarket companies have come.
Some extra stopping power on Ricky’s machines was a necessity and came in the form of more factory parts.
The lowered subframe housed a completely custom carbon-fiber airbox that was designed to increase overall air volume and reduce weight.
Handmade titanium pegs anyone? They might look a little primitive but man, were they trick in 2001.
Sand-cast cases, carbon fiber, titanium, Pro Circuit exhaust and a powder coated neon green frame screamed factory back in 2001. This bike also featured different linkage ratios designed to make the bike lower in the rear.
More stopping power provided by a Nissin dual piston caliper. Check out the titanium hardware drilled for safety wire. The details on this bike even after sitting for over 15 years is still impressive.
The 2001 to this day is still one of Ricky’s favorite machines, and he even has one mounted on his wall at his house in Florida.
TORC 1 OEM REPLACEMANT LEVERS:
OEM replacement levers from Torc 1 add some style and get the job done for a cost that won’t break the bank.
- DIE CAST BRAKE AND CLUTCH LEVERS MADE FROM AIRCRAFT GRADE A 360 ALUMINUM FOR STRENGTH
- ADJUSTABLE STOP ALLOWS THE BRAKE LEVER TO BE ADJUSTED ACCORDING TO HAND SIZE
- DESIGNED TO FIT THE OEM PERCH
- MADE TO EXCEED OEM SPECIFICATIONS
- BLACK ANODIZED FINISH WITH LASER ETCHED LOGO
- BRAKE AND CLUTCH LEVER SOLD SEPARATELY
See more at Torc 1 Racing .
TWIN AIR DUAL STAGE FILTERS:
- The Twin Air-Air Filter is designed with high quality materials and superior construction that delivers unbeatable performance and protection and will make the Twin Air- Air Filter the hands down choice of more world & national champions than all other filters combined. The Twin Air-Air Filter has two layers of foam the first layer of foam is open pore foam that catches airborne dirt, grime and sand and the second layer of foam traps the smallest of particles while ensuring maximum air passage. The Twin Air- Air Filter will give you the performance and durability that you want your machine to have during all types of conditions you will take it through.
- Twin air dual stage filters are the choice of top factory teams and riders worldwide.
- Dual bonded foam design filters out even the smallest dirt particles, while allowing more air flow than “two separate layer” filters (flow bench proven).
- Twin air filters are slightly smaller than stock, making them easier to change while increasing dead air space around the filter for better performance.
See more at Twin Air .
METTEC TITANIUM FASTENERS:
The way to top-off any two-stroke build is with titanium! Mettec titanium fasteners are made in the USA at their facility in Nevada and are seen on countless factory race machines today. Get yours at Mettec now!
If you like the factory KX250 we featured this week check out this aluminum framed KX300 ! CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO SEE MORE.