Jeff Laird’s 2007 CR250R modern day update is front and center on this weeks Two-Stroke Tuesday brought to you by Boyesen. We packed 2-Stroke Theater full of brand new premix burning off-road machines for your listening pleasure. Products from TM Designworks, Pro Circuit and ARC are featured in 2-Stroke Hardware and don’t miss the exclusive link to one of KTMs most iconic two-strokes of all time at the bottom of this post.
The CR250R has some classic lines but we decided to give it a huge update. This might be what a modern day Honda two-stroke would look like.
The engine is a fire breather running on race gas. Pro Circuit did work internally and there is a host of bolt-on items from Boyesen, V-Force, Torc1 and Moto Hose.
Ride Engineering is one the companies still making products for older two-strokes. The clamps feature rubber bar mounts and are available in a variety of colors.
The EBC 280mm Full Floating oversized front rotor kit is one of the largest on the market for motocross use and check out that carbon fiber finish.
STI Tech 2 tires are developed to deliver traction over a wide variety of terrain and provide long tread life. The Dubya red Talon and black Excel rims add some style and strength.
The plastic update give the bike a more modern look overall but be prepared to do some fitment modifications it doesn’t just bolt right on like OEM kits.
ARC MEMLON FOLDING LEVERS:
The ARC Composite Lever is a folding lever designed to flex during impact where aluminum levers would typically bend. Made of high-tech composite material known as MEMLON, these levers are lightweight and less liable to breaking. The lever design is strong enough to do the job, yet resilient enough to take severe abuse without damage. Now you can have an unbreakable lever on your bike. You will never have a lever problem again. Remember, IF YOU BEND IT, BEND IT BACK, and keep riding.
PRO CIRCUIT TI-2 SILENCER:
The Ti-2 Shorty Carbon Kevlar/Titanium Silencer is the latest piece of racing technology we offer and is guaranteed to be a favorite for most two-stroke riders.
The Ti-2 is similar to the popular R-304 Silencer except it is constructed with a carbon Kevlar shell, titanium tubing and titanium end-caps. The titanium and carbon Kevlar construction offers the “factory” look and appearance while reducing weight. The Ti-2 is for closed-course racing only.
- Optimum performance gains
- Carbon Kevlar silencer body
- Titanium tubing and end-cap
- CNC machined aluminum mounting bracket
- Closed-course racing only
- Made in the USA
TM DESIGNWORKS CHAIN SLIDER:
For over thirty years, TM Designworks has been manufacturing innovative and unique products in the motorcycle industry. TMD has been recognized as the leader in chain slide-n-glide technology.
- The inventor of the FE # 1 style solid body chain guide design.
- This solid body design features our exclusive “RMS” (Return Memory System) plastic formula is virtually impact resistant.
- The only guide with 100% UV and oil impregnated to increase power thru loss of drag.
- Used exclusively by the Yamaha Offroad Race Team for the past 15 racing seasons!
- The TMD Factory Edition #1 Chain Guide is the ONLY guide to sweep all off road championships in one year.
- Yamaha FE # 1 comes in a perfect-match black, blue, red or yellow.
- 1-Year pro-rated breakage warranty (in USA only).
See the history of the iconic KTM 300! CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW.