Our 2001 Suzuki RM125 project makes its debut on this week’s Two-Stroke Tuesday brought to you by Boyesen. Products from Barnett Clutches, Torc-1, and CCR Sports are featured in 2-Stroke Hardware while 2-Stroke Theater has a variety of premix burning machines for your viewing pleasure . Don’t miss the exclusive link to our RM250 rebuild at the bottom of this post.
Everything on this 2001 RM125 was either replaced, rebuilt or refinished. The frame, swingarm and subframe was coated by Chris Johnson’s crew at San Diego Powder Coating. The frame has metal flakes that sparkle in the sunlight.
We added some Boyesen bolt-on performance parts and an FMF exhaust system with a shorty silencer for the crisp sound.
The side panels were trimmed to give the bike a more aggressive look and we went with a two-toned color scheme matching the frame and swingarm . Jeff at SDG made us a custom seat to complement the one-off matte graphics from Backyard Designs.
CCR SPORTS BED BUDDY:
The CCR Sport Bed Buddy is a motorcycle tie down rack that is designed to reinforce the front bulkhead of your trucks bed to prevent damage from occurring when pulling your load down tight while simultaneously stabilizing your motorcycles.
- Three tapered wheel slots prevent front tire slip and accommodate any width tire. Front tire slip can cause serious damage to your hauler and motorcycle and these slots prevent that.
- The three heavy-duty tie down loops provide great tie down points unlike those factory hooks that never seem to be in the right location for tying down your motorcycles. The center hook does away with having to crisscross your straps and route them through spokes and over tires.
- Check out the 3rd Bike Extender to see how you can transport three full size motorcycles side-by-side with out handlebar interference.
BARNETT DIRT DIGGER CLUTCHES:
Barnett Dirt Digger high performance clutch kits feature clutch plates made with exclusive carbon fiber and Kevlar friction material, tempered steel drive plates, and a set of heavy duty springs that are 10-15 percent stiffer than OEM. The carbon fiber and Kevlar materials provide a stronger, more positive engagement and the “segmented” friction material design increases oil flow to the clutch providing a smoother, more consistent performance and increased clutch life. The heavy duty springs are shot-peened and heat-treated for extreme durability. All clutch kits are pre-measured for proper stack height prior to packaging to ensure reliable fit and performance.
TORC 1 ATTACK HANDLEBARS:
MADE FROM 4MM 7000 SERIES ALUMINUM ALLOY FOR SUPERIOR TENSILE AND YIELD STRENGTH
· BUILT IN ANTI VIBRATION TECHNOLOGY
· 1 1/8 OVERSIZED CLAMP DIAMETER
· SHOT PEEN AND ANODIZED FINISH
· LASER ETCHED ALIGNMENT GRID
· LEFT SIDE KNURLING PROVIDES MAXIMUM GRIP TRACTION
· INCLUDES HIGH DENSITY FOAM BAR PAD
If you like our RM125 build check out this clean Suzuki RM250 build we did awhile back.