BLAST FROM THE PAST: RODNEY SMITH’S FIRST ISDE
HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES LAUNCHES COMPETITION FOCUSED 2021 FS 450
IMPROVED SUSPENSION, CHASSIS AND BODYWORK FOR ADVANCED 450CC SUPERMOTO RACER
Underlining the brand’s continued commitment to the supermoto segment, Husqvarna Motorcycles is pleased to announce the release of the MY21 FS 450 – the single-cylinder competition supermoto machine that features advanced engineering, class-leading ergonomics and traction control as standard.
Housing a compact 63 hp engine within a lightweight frame and modern bodywork, the FS 450 features revised suspension settings that deliver enhanced handling and damping characteristics for incredible on-track riding experiences.
For 2021, the FS 450 features WP XACT forks with AER technology and a new mid-valve damping system that ensures a more consistent front-end suspension performance. Further enhancing the machine’s manoeuvrability, a new 22 mm diameter front axle and a 7 mm reduction in the base offset of the forks sharpens turning and overall agility. Refinements to the easily adjustable WP XACT shock improve rear-end damping performance with new, low-friction linkage seals delivering a refined suspension response.
• New mid-valve damping provides consistent fork performance
• New low-friction linkage seals for smoother shock action
• Revised WP XACT shock settings improve traction
• New seat cover texture for exceptional comfort and control
• Shortened wheelbase (7 mm) for optimal turning capabilities
• New 22 mm front wheel axle for improved fork response
• Engine – 63 hp and only 27.3 kg
• Frame – perfect flex characteristics, advanced rider feedback
• Carbon fibre composite subframe – lightweight and robust
• Swingarm – optimal stiffness and reliability in a lightweight construction
• WP XACT front fork – progressive and consistent damping
• WP XACT rear shock – 266 mm wheel travel
• Black 16.5”/17” Alpina spoked wheels and Bridgestone slick tyres – top-level performance
• Bodywork – distinctive looks, modern design and new seat cover texture
• ProTaper handlebar – class-leading function and style
• Launch control – maximum traction for perfect starts
• High performance Brembo brakes – shorter stopping distance with greater control and confidence
STEWARD BAYLOR: QUOTE OF THE MONTH!
WHAT A BATTLE!
Pro Circuit has a new triple clamp and a throttle tube for the 2019-2020 KTM 85 SX. The triple clamp kit is made in the USA from 6061 aircraft-quality billet aluminum for optimum strength. Its clear anodizing offers a durable protective finish to complete the works look, and the reversible bar mount allows you to choose from four different handlebar positions. These different positions will help to customize the ergonomics to better fit your riding style.
The PC KTM 85 SX throttle tube is CNC-machined from aircraft-quality aluminum and is much stronger than the OEM plastic material. It has a Teflon coating on the inside to help ensure a smoother twist of the throttle. This throttle tube will also fit other recent KTM two-stroke models, like the 2017-2020 KTM 125/150/250 SX, and newer 250 and 300 enduro models.
Price: Triple clamps- $699.95, Throttle tube-$59.95
Kick Starter Kit for `20-21 KTM, Husqvarna
Kick Starter Kit for `20-21 KTM, Husqvarna has all the parts you need to install the kick-starter on your bike. The combination of kick-starter and e-starter means you can be absolutely sure that your bike will always start up as quickly as possible. Price: $244.99
Kreft Moto – Revalve Control 2.0
Revalve Control (patent pending) is a comprehensive suspension upgrade for WP forks. The system makes it possible to revalve your fork in seconds by simply turning a dial — no disassembly required. Kreft Moto’s unique valve design and WP tuning focus create a more supple and refined suspension action.
- Kashima coated damper rod
- Durable hard anodizing
- Detent “clicks” for more precise adjustments
- A protective cap that duals as a wrench to make adjustments without tools
- Revalve Control works by adjusting how the shims behave on the fork’s mid-valve. This is radically different than the traditional compression “clicker” (a fixed orifice “bleed” device). A compression clicker is not speed sensitive, while Revalve Control is. Therefore, the range of adjustment provided by Revalve Control will literally allow riders to easily change from a Track setting to a Trail setting. It is that powerful.
KLIM’S NEW FALL RELEASE OFF-ROAD GEAR
In an exciting fall season move, KLIM has added a brand new lineup of colors for all three off-road lines, the Dakar, Mojave and XC Lite. The Idaho-based company typically releases all their new off-road gear in the spring, so this is an exciting surprise for those shopping for new gear in the fall.
The Dakar series gets a full new kit (matching pant, jersey, glove) plus one more new jersey, the Mojave series also gets a full kit (matching pant, jersey, glove) plus one more jersey, and the XC Lite series gets two new fully matched kits.
The Dakar series gear is a blend of durability and airflow, featuring massive adjustable vents on the pant legs in addition to multiple stretch panels, leather overlays, and heavy duty 840D Cordura in key areas. The recently redesigned Dakar Jersey, with tough sleeves, vented sides, a zippered sleeve pocket and a lightweight body, is equally focused on durability while still maintaining good airflow for off-road riding.
The Mojave series focuses big time on airflow while maintaining solid durability, with pants featuring the same burly materials as in the Dakar Pant, but with fully open mesh panels for full-time airflow in hot weather. The recently redesigned Mojave Jersey also features a more open mesh body material for more airflow, while upgrading to the same durable sleeve material found in the Dakar Jersey.
Topping the charts for mobility is the XC Lite series. Engineered with the aggressive trail rider and racer in mind, the XC Lite series puts extra focus on comfort in extremely demanding conditions, where airflow, moisture-wicking materials and highly flexible fabrics can make or break the experience. Still, durability isn’t pushed aside with leather overlays and durable fabrics in high wear areas.
See the new kits at www.KLIM.com
WOLF: BACK IN THE DAY