BLAST FROM THE PAST
What a great post from Mitch Mayes. In 1976 there was not a faster man in the desert! After joining the Husqvarna powerhouse (Larry Roeseler, AC Bakken, Jack Johnson, Scot Harden, Rolf Tibblin) and won 29 times in District 37 Desert Racing, two Baja 100 wins and Baja 500 victory.
2023 NORDEN EXPEDITION
Husqvarna Motorcycles North America, Inc. has unveiled the 2023 Norden 901 Expedition – a new and highly capable touring machine designed to offer endless exploration. The machine is fit with a selection of premium Technical Accessories to enhance its outstanding capabilities both on- and off-road, the Norden 901 Expedition comes complete with long travel WP XPLOR suspension to ensure all riders can explore further for longer. As a finishing touch, the new travel motorcycle features a striking new color scheme to signify its world-traveling intentions.
- WP XPLOR suspension offers longer travel (240 mm) and full adjustability
- Heated grips and rider seat for cold weather comfort
- Touring Windshield for reduced fatigue on extended rides
- Side Bag Set offers convenient storage
- Center Stand for easier maintenance
- Heavy duty Skid Plate for enhanced protection of tank and engine
- Connectivity Unit provides Turn-by-Turn+ navigation, Call-In, Call-Out and music selection from the rider’s smartphone
- Ride Husqvarna Motorcycles app available from Apple AppStore and Google Playstore
- Chromium-molybdenum steel trellis frame with engine as stressed member
- Compact and powerful 889 cc parallel-twin engine
- Four selectable ride modes (Street, Rain, Offroad, Explorer)
- Cutting-edge, switchable cornering ABS with Offroad mode
- Easy Shift function
- Cornering-sensitive traction control allows for nine levels of adjustable rear wheel slip (in Explorer mode)
- Power Assist Slipper Clutch (PASC)
- Tubeless spoked wheels in offroad dimensions and Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tires for maximum performance on the street and offroad
- Large capacity 5-gallon (19-liter) fuel tank provides an extended range of up to 248 miles (400 km)
Jimmy Jarrett was a force in off-road racing at the OMA series. Now, he’s a major league snow blower!
DUAL VIDS FROM THE GNCC KICK-OFF
SHOT OF THE WEEK
TM DESIGNWORKS 2023 FACTORY EDITION FX REAR CHAIN GUIDE
- All new multipurpose rear guide for new KTM and Husky 2023.
- FX is all new hardcore rear guide slimmer profile and higher clearance.
- Uses our return memory plastic impact formula. New body performs for MX or Off Road.
- Available in black, red, husky dark blue, Orange.
- Wear pad is replaceable with new hardware. This gives long service life.
- UV protected, oil impregnated, in OEM and multiple colors to choose from.
- Replace the thin-walled stock guide with a heavy duty TMD rear guide.
Bullet Proof Designs 2023 2-Stroke KTM/Husqvarna’s, one-piece 6061 Billet aluminum Cover is a slim design, weighs in at just 2 ounces and can withstand the hardest of impacts. The factory Power Valve Cover is made from plastic and leaves a vital component at risk. The BPD Power Valve cover installs in minutes and offers far more protection.
WOLF: BACK IN THE DAY