Cupertino, Calif. (Nov. 15, 2017) – Shortly after uncovering its newest 2018 motorcycle line-up in Milan, Italy, Ducati is headed to California to debut six new bikes for the first time in North America at the Long Beach Motorcycle Show, as part of the Progressive International Motorcycle Show (IMS). The display at the Long Beach Convention Center from November 17 to 19 will kick off with the unveiling of the highly anticipated Ducati Panigale V4, a track-bred masterpiece offering an astounding 214 horsepower with an astonishing dry weight of only 386 lbs.
The arrival of Ducati’s V4 motorcycle on North American shores showcases the company’s dedication to pushing engineering and performance to new extremes. Both the Panigale V4 S and the Panigale V4 Speciale are scheduled for display during Long Beach IMS, along with the all-new Scrambler 1100 Special, Multistrada 1260 S, 959 Panigale Corse, Monster 821 and XDiavel S in Iceberg White.
Also for 2018, Ducati has continued to take steps to improve the ownership experience and reduce service intervals, in support of the company’s passion for riding. An example of this is the extended 18,000-mile service interval for the new Monster 821, allowing for more time on the road.
North American Debuts Slated for Long Beach IMS
· Panigale V4 (Available February 2018) – Powered by the new V4 engine delivering 214 horsepower and a suite of electronics, and weighing only 386 lbs, the Panigale V4 is the start of a new chapter in the Ducati story. The Panigale V4 replaces the iconic 1299 at the top of the Ducati supersport range, doing so by enhancing performance and ridability so that riders of all skill levels can enjoy boundless fun and excitement.
· Scrambler 1100 Special (Available April 2018) – The Scrambler 1100 is the newest addition to the Scrambler family, bringing a third-engine to Ducati’s successful Scrambler product line. The Scrambler 1100 Special is a contemporary classic that has the elegance and character of black spoke wheels, aluminum mudguards and chrome exhausts. It is a personal statement that gets an update in the dedicated color Custom Grey enhanced by tank side panels in anodized aluminum.
· Multistrada 1260 S (Available January 2018) – The new Multistrada 1260 S maximizes the concept of versatility. A new 1262 cc Ducati Testastretta DVT engine offers 85% of its torque available under 3,500 rpm and delivery at 5,500 rpm is 18% higher compared to the predecessor model. There is also a new chassis and a cutting-edge electronics package, allowing for smartphone connectivity using Bluetooth technology, standard on the S model. The Multistrada 1260 S is truly a motorcycle built for adventure
· 959 Panigale Corse (Available March 2018) – The 959 Panigale Corse achieves the perfect balance between power, lightness, performance and control. It features many unique upgrades, including dedicated livery inspired by MotoGP racing colors, Öhlins suspension and Ducati quickshift standard. The 955 cc twin-cylinder Superquadro and the exclusive monocoque frame of the 959 Panigale Corse creates a unique mix of performance and ease of riding in a lightweight and easy to handle package.
· Monster 821 (Available January 2018) – The Monster 821 pays homage to the legacy of the Monster 900, which more than 25 years ago revolutionized the motorcycle world, embodying the essence of a true naked sport bike. Standard equipment includes a TFT color display and Ducati standard quickshift. Sophisticated and sporty, agile and powerful, the Monster 821 combines perfect performance for both entry-level and seasoned riders.
· XDiavel S (Iceberg White) (Available November 2017) – For 2018 Ducati is offering dedicated fans of its techno-cruiser XDiavel a stunning new color palette: Iceberg White. It’s an exhilarating new option for the “S” model, available as part of the new 2018 XDiavel, which also has improved ergonomics thanks to improved suspension and new handlebar. And with accessory options, there are more 147 rider configurations possible.
In addition to showcasing the company’s newest models, other brand favorites will also be showcased at the Long Beach Convention Center, including the Multistrada Enduro Pro.