MOTORCYCLE RACING AND CORONAVIRUS, WHAT’S CANCELED, WHAT’S NOT–UPDATED

With concern of the Covid19 Coronavirus rising, many motorcycles events have been canceled. The most high-profile of these are the following rounds of the Monster Energy Supercross season:

Indy Supercross on March 14,
Seattle Supercross on March 28th,
Detroit Supercross on March 21
Denver Supercross at Mile High Stadium on April 4 and
Foxborough Supercross at Gillette Stadium on April 18 have also been canceled. As of now, that leaves Las Vegas on April 25 and Salt Lake City on May 2, making a 12-round season.

LUCAS OIL PRO MOTOCROSS STATEMENT

Due to concerns surrounding the outbreak of the COVID-19 coronavirus, California’s Dirt Diggers North Motorcycle Club has announced it is canceling the 52nd running of the Hangtown Motocross Classic from the Prairie City OHV Park, originally scheduled for May 16, 2020.

UPDATE: A new schedule has been announced with Florida opening the series in June:

 

 

AMA STATEMENT

Due to the presence in the United States of COVID-19, an infectious strain of the coronavirus, and governors across the country issuing restrictions on large events and public gatherings, the American Motorcyclist Association strongly encourages AMA-chartered organizers to comply with all restrictions imposed by federal, state and local authorities affecting all applicable AMA-sanctioned activity.

In addition, the AMA asks all members and other motorcyclists, whether participating in individual or group activity, to follow best practices published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC-issued guidelines are available here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/workplace-school-and-home-guidance.pdf

The AMA will continue to work with chartered organizers and other partners to monitor the situation and issue further guidance as necessary.

UPDATE: WESS ENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, ROUNDS 1 & 2

Due to the global Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, the opening round of the 2020 WESS Enduro World Championship, Extreme XL Lagares in Portugal, has been postponed. WESS Promotion GmbH in consultation with Extreme XL Lagares event organizers have taken the difficult decision of not proceeding with the race at this time.

Round two of the 2020 WESS Enduro World Championship, Trèfle Lozérien AMV in France, is cancelled due to coronavirus COVID-19. With France one of the many countries dealing with the fallout of COVID-19, event organisers Motor Club Lozère were left with no alternative but to cancel the Trèfle Lozérien AMV for 2020.

UPDATE: VIRGINIA CITY GP TO BE RESCHEDULED

 The Virginia City Motorcycle Club (VCMC) and Storey County officials have been working closely together to monitor the COVID-19 virus situation and the status of special events for the near term. Among other topics, at the Storey County Commissioners meeting on Tuesday, it was decided to suspend all public events for the next 60 days. The VCMC is supportive of prudent measures to safeguard public health and will be responding to the mandate accordingly.
With that said, the 2020 Virginia City Grand Prix will not be held on April 25-26, 2020, but rescheduled for later in the season. We will continue working with Storey County officials to identify (potential) 2020 dates to reschedule the race. Simply put, it is our intention to hold the 2020 VCGP later this year. The current situation is very dynamic and we’re certain you have many questions. Once the situation is more stable and predictable, we will be able to provide new event dates and details of VCGP 2020 II.
Thank you again for your understanding of the COVID-19 impact and support of the Virginia City Grand Prix.
VCMC Board of Directors

UPDATE: GLEN HELEN RACEWAY CLOSED

ALL EVENTS AND PRACTICE DAYS ARE POSTPONED UNTIL APRIL 3RD

Glen Helen Raceway holds the safety, health and well-being of our riders, fans and staff in the upmost regard. Under the direction of the county, local and federal health authorities, we are closing effective immediately through April 3rd due to the international Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We will provide updates in the weeks to come.

We deeply appreciate your understanding during these unprecedented times. We ask that you please stay safe and adhere to the guidelines being issued by public health officials to protect yourself and your loved ones by limiting the spread of the Coronavirus. We look forward to seeing you all very soon.

D 37 STATEMENT

After much consideration and with the input from the District 37 clubs hosting upcoming races we have made the decision to suspend racing until April 24. That date is a tentative date as other states and local agencies ultimately have authority over the future of that event. This decision was a very difficult one to make and while we here in District 37 took every step we felt necessary to create an action plan to create a safe environment to protect as best as possible the ridership from the spread of Covid 19 the ever changing landscape of obtaining permits and the daily uncertainty of race cancellations beyond our control brought tremendous pressure on clubs attempting to host upcoming events. It was with all these factors in mind we decided to suspend racing. We hope you all understand and look forward to getting back to racing.

Brian Nasif
President
AMA District 37

UPDATE: Round 2 of the AMA West ISDE Qualifier series in Red Mountain, CA to be hosted March 21/22 2020 has been cancelled by the Lost Coyotes MC. Following the announcement of the West qualifier being canceled  the first round of the East Qualifier to be hosted March 28/29 in Henderson, NC has also been canceled.
The AMA is working on solutions and will keep you all up to date with the future of the qualifying process for the 2020 ISDE. We have been in touch with the FIM regarding the ISDE August/September and as of now they are a “Go”.

The Dirt Diggers Dual European Scrambles scheduled for April 5 at Red Mountain is still proceeding as scheduled.

NORTH CAROLINA GNCC CANCELED

Due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, the GNCC originally scheduled for April 4/5 at Steele Creek in Morgantown, NC, is now cancelled. The event was initially cancelled for the Steele Creek location only, with the date reserved for another location to be announced. However, given the current crisis in our country, GNCC now deems is prudent to cancel the date as well. Pre-entered riders will have their entries refunded.

Rescheduling details will be announced in the near future. Most likely the previously reserved July 11/12 “Rain Date” will be utilized for this purpose.

The Series will resume April 18/19 at the Camp Coker Bullet in Society Hill, South Carolina.

FULL GAS SPRINT ENDURO–POSTPONED

The March 28-29  Full Gas Sprint Enduro at North Carolina Motorsports Park is postponed. This is after the cancellation of round two, which was called off due to weather in Garfield GA.

AMA NATIONAL GRAND PRIX CHAMPIONSHIP:  POSTPONED

Round Four of the AMA NGPC Series is scheduled for March 28 at 29 Palms, California.  Officials from the Hilltoppers MC have met with city officials regarding this event. The city has no issues, but the county has the final say.

UPDATE: As of Friday, March 13, San Bernardino County has not issued a permit for the race at 29 Palms on March 28-29. The Hilltoppers are looking at make-up dates. More information to follow. 

UPDATE–WORCS POSTPONED

March 20-22 — WORCS — Havasu, Arizona–MC Round 3 and 4 Lake Havasu Updates

We are saddened to announce that we will have to unfortunately postpone WORCS MC Round 3 and 4 of Lake Havasu. The City of Lake Havasu got the call this evening that they had to suspend all events that occur with 10 or more people, and that the health inspector would come and immediately shut any event down. We at WORCS racing tried everything we could to keep the racing going all the way to the end.
Please know that the WORCS office staff will be working vigorously to create a new plan to get you all racing as soon as possible. As soon as we have any information, we will keep you informed. This is a difficult time for us all and we as an off-road racing family need to come together to support each other. WORCS thanks every single one of you for your continued support.
If you pre-registered for this weekend and would like a refund, or to transfer your entry to another round, please contact Katie at [email protected] or 435-635-1597. We just ask that you please be patient during this time, but know that she will get you taken care of.
If you are requesting a refund, please email with your invoice number, or the last 4 digits of the credit card you used to pay. Please note that all refunds can take 5-10 business days to process.
Stay Healthy-Stay Positive- and Keep the Good Vibes Going!

UPDATE: SCORE SAN FELIPE 250 POSTPONED

SCORE Due to the ongoing developments of the Corona Virus crisis (COVID-19) and the various measures that have been implemented by authorities on both sides of the border, SCORE International has elected to postpone next week’s 34th annual SCORE San Felipe 250.
Round 1 of the four-race 2020 SCORE World Desert Championship has been rescheduled with the new race date of May 9 in San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico.
Mexico’s Federal Government has issued a National decree of safe distancing to be in effect from March 23 through April 19. Further, the Mexican Federal Government has mandated the rescheduling or canceling of all non-essential events of 5,000 people or more in the entire country of Mexico.
Additionally, SCORE has announced a date change for the 52nd SCORE Baja 500 race week from June 3-7 to June 16-21.

UPDATE: BEST IN THE DESERT JAGGED X DESERT CUP POSTPONED

March 20 – 22 — Best in The Desert –Laughlin Arizona

Best In The Desert announced that it is postponing the Jagged X National Desert Cup Presented by Quantum Motorsports to a future date. This announcement is being made due to the rapidly changing protocols and advisements surrounding the Covid-19 virus. In particular, Best In The Desert was advised today by the BLM that there is uncertainty now on their part whether or not they will be allowed to proceed with the event as scheduled. Based on this information, and in an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our racing community, the decision was made to postpone the event to a future date. Details are being worked out, and an announcement will be made shortly regarding a new date for the event.

NATIONAL HARE & HOUND: TO BE RESCHEDULED

March 21-22 — National Hare & Hound,  Murphy Idaho

Hello fellow racers. It is with our great displeasure to inform you that this weekend’s race in Murphy, ID will be cancelled and rescheduled. This decision was made by Dirt Inc. after a discussion with Owyhee County in regards to mass gatherings and the COVID-19 Virus. We are working with the club in regards to refunds and a new race date which will be announced soon however we just wanted to get the word out to you guys as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

NATIONAL ENDURO–POSTPONED

March 22 — National Enduro –Turkey, Texas

With the escalation of the corona virus over recent days and further restrictions by federal and state authorities, the NEPG has decided that it is in the best interest of riders, their families and all others involved to postpone the Caprock National Enduro.

With the Corona Virus being wide spread and many riders and their families traveling though many states across the country with varying levels of travel restrictions, along with more and more amenities being shut down, we feel it would be best to postpone the event to a later date.  It is the goal of the NEPG along with dedicated clubs that we work with to have a fun and safe event where we can share camaraderie as a group of fellow motorcyclists.

We are working with the Post Enduro Association, TSCEC and RMEC to find an open date to reschedule the event and will release that along with refund information when it becomes available.

ABU DHABI RALLY  POSTPONED

As a result of global developments regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM), Emirates Motorsports Organization and the Rally organizers have taken the decision to postpone the 2020 Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge originally scheduled to take place on 20-26 March.

Emirates Motorsports Organization and rally organizers have been in permanent contact with the government authorities in the UAE and were following all precautionary measures to protect the motor sport community and the wider public.

All parties are currently evaluating if it will be possible to re-schedule the events later this season.

Further updates will be issued in due course.

WORLD ENDURO POSTPONED

As the global outbreak of coronavirus continues to develop, the FIM, the Portuguese Federation (FMP), the Spanish Federation (RFME), the local organizers and the promoter ABC Communications regret to announce that the events originally scheduled on 17-19 April in Marco de Cavaneses, Portugal and on 24–26 April in Lalin, Spain have been postponed.

MXGP POSTPONED

Originally scheduled on the 18th – 19th of April, the MXGP of Spain will now be postponed to the 10th – 11th of October, meanwhile the MXGP of Portugal foreseen on 25th – 26th of April will now be taking place on the 17th– 18th of October.

The decision to postpone both events to a later date in the year was made in agreement with the FIM, FIM Europe, the local authorities and both organizers, Last Lap as the local organizer of the MXGP of Spain and Águeda Action Club – ACTIB as the organizer of the MXGP of Portugal.

Due to the international situation because of the coronavirus outbreak, Infront Moto Racing says it wants to focus on the health of all the people involved and to keep the risk of impact low for the 2020 MXGP calendar schedule.

“We kindly ask you all for a great sense of responsibility and understanding during this difficult time, as we continue to monitor the situation and take each day step-by-step.”

X-TRIAL DES NATIONS POSTPONED

Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, a decision has been taken to postpone the FIM X-Trial des Nations that was scheduled to take place on 3 April, in Liévin, France.

As the global outbreak of coronavirus continues to develop, the French government has communicated that it will not be possible to maintain public events with more than one thousand people in attendance until further notice.

The Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM), the Fédération Française de Motocyclisme (FFM), the promoter 2Play and the local organiser therefore regret to announce that the event has been postponed.

All parties are currently evaluating if it will be possible to re-schedule the event later this season.

Further updates will be issued in due course.

All information here is tentative. This page will be updated as announcements are made.

 

Comments are closed.