The staff of Dirt Bike always jumps at the opportunity to work with Mike Brown any way we can. He is always a blast to have around, a very genuine human being and is usually up for just about anything. Our latest project with “Brownie” came in the form of a 2023 KTM 450SX-F race bike for the Dubya World Vet Championship held at Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino, California.
Here are some of the parts involved in this build:
- FCP Racing engine mounts are designed to improve overall handling and feature CNC-machined top mounts and titanium front mounts. The are used under the radar by many factory-level professional Supercross and motocross teams.
- The Dunlop MX14 optimizes tread blocks that can more effectively penetrate and scoop sandy/muddy terrain due to the new Reinforced Scoop Technology (RST) and V-Block Technology Advanced (V-BT Advanced) designs.
- The 6mm HDPE skid plate from AXP is made for Supercross and motocross. The plastic construction is designed to absorb impacts while limiting vibration and is 40 percent lighter than aluminum.
- The Evo handlebar is ProTaper’s flagship unbraced handlebar. This bar is designed to increase flex and impact absorption over conventional handlebars, offering rider-improved comfort and reduced fatigue.
- Designed, tested and manufactured 100 percent in the USA, the Twisted Development 2023 KTM 450cc four-stroke exhaust flange features a billet stainless steel construction that is CNC-machined for factory-level fitment. The proprietary design was developed to provide improvements to the OEM power delivery throughout the entire power curve. No ECU mapping is required, but Brown’s bike does also have a Twisted Development ECU and mapping.
- Twin Air’s PowerFlow kits are designed to ensure a leak-proof, fool-proof fit with a rigid, lightweight, billet-aluminum cage that replaces the plastic stock cage and a billet-aluminum flange with a rubber seal that bolts tight to your airbox. A dual-stage air filter is also included in each kit.