HONDA OFFICIAL RELEASE: 2018 CRF450R MOTOCROSS MODEL
Honda is the second manufacture to drop official images and specifications for its 2018 450cc competition model. Here is what Honda has to say about its 2018 CRF450R.
Designed following an “Absolute Holeshot” philosophy that resulted in a downdraft-intake layout achieving optimum power and centralized mass, the revolutionary CRF450R is the industry’s top-selling 450cc motocrosser of model-year 2017 and is campaigned by Team Honda HRC riders Ken Roczen and Cole Seely. For 2018, the electric starter that was previously offered as an accessory is now standard, as is a lightweight lithium-ion battery, and the CRF450R also gets updated suspension settings aimed at improving chassis feel and overall action. The downdraft air-intake and fuel-injection layout achieves a potent, broad spread of torque, but it also allows for heavier components to be located as centrally and low as possible so that all that power can be effectively utilized. In addition, the vehicle packaging results in nimble cornering, while updated suspension settings to the Showa® shock and 49mm coil-spring fork improve handling. The kick-start lever has been removed in order to shave precious weight. An updated ECU setting means power delivery is more useable than ever, and the big CRF still has great features like a titanium fuel tank, engine-mode select button, and wave-pattern 260mm front brake.
Suggested Retail Price : $ 9,149
- Downdraft intake layout increases power by reducing resistance, improving air-charging efficiency.
- Updated ECU setting makes for more useable powerband.
- Combustion chamber has high, 13.5:1 compression ratio, narrow valve angle for greater efficiency.
- Use of finger rocker arm allows increased valve lift while retaining compact Unicam® layout.
- Coils on valve springs have oval cross-sections to allow low engine height.
- Port layout with straight flow for maximum efficiency.
- Piston has high combustion efficiency.
- Diamond-like carbon (DLC) on piston pin, rocker arm minimizes friction, maximizes durability.
- Compact dual muffler with gradual pipe bends for smooth exhaust flow.
- Shallow clutch assembly helps achieve narrow engine width.
- Standard electric start with lightweight lithium-ion battery.
- Vehicle packaging maximizes traction through concentration of mass, low center of gravity.
- Lightweight sixth-generation aluminum twin-spar frame allows precise cornering performance.
- Lightweight swingarm assembly with optimized vertical and lateral stiffness.
- Updated suspension settings to 49mm coil-spring Showa® fork and low-positioned Pro-Link rear system.
- Low rear-suspension location for low center of gravity.
- Lightweight aluminum rear subframe with extruded gussets.
- Lightweight titanium fuel tank.
- Kill switch/ignition-map-adjustment switch combined into one unit for low weight.
- Dunlop Geomax MX3S tires.
- Plastic bodywork with smooth layout and film-insert graphics for sharp appearance and durability.
- Front fender shape allows efficient air path to radiator.
- Consult owner’s manual for optional racing parts
- Meets current CARB and EPA emissions standards
- Specifications subject to change
Comments are closed.