HONDA OFFICIAL RELEASE: 2018 CRF450RX OFF-ROAD MODEL
Honda just released the 2018 version of the CRF450RX off-road 450. The most interesting change is that it lost the kickstart lever and should be slightly lighter as a result. Here’s the official press release.
- Smoother ignition map than CRF450R for better performance in low-traction situations.
- Downdraft intake layout increases power by reducing resistance, improving air-charging efficiency.
- Combustion chamber with high compression ratio, narrow valve angle for efficiency.
- Use of finger rocker arm allows high valve lift while retaining compact Unicam layout.
- Coils on valve springs have oval cross-sections to allow low engine height.
- Port layout with straight flow for efficiency.
- Diamond-like carbon (DLC) on piston pin, rocker arm minimizes friction, increases durability.
- Dual muffler with gradual pipe bends for smooth exhaust flow.
- Standard electric start, with lithium ion battery.
Suggested Retail Price : $ 9,249
- Compared to CRF450R, suspension settings are more appropriate for technical off-road conditions.
- With a 2.25 gallon capacity, the plastic fuel tank is larger than that of the CRF450R for increased range off-road.
- Forged-aluminum side stand is standard to allow trailside parking.
- Off-road-focused, durable Dunlop Geomax AT81 tires.
- One-tooth larger rear sprocket than CRF450R, for better performance in tight woods conditions.
- Different cylinder hanger than CRF450R, for comfort in technical off-road conditions.
- Chassis layout maximizes traction through concentration of mass, low center of gravity.
- New, lighter sixth-generation aluminum twin-spar frame with revised geometry; allows improved cornering performance through reduction of torsional stiffness (lateral stiffness is unchanged).
- Lightweight swingarm assembly is stiff vertically and laterally.
- Rear-suspension location lowers center of gravity.
- Lightweight aluminum rear subframe with extruded gussets.
- Coil-spring 49mm Showa fork.
- Plastic bodywork with smooth layout and film-insert graphics for appearance and durability.
- Front fender shape allows efficient air path to radiator.
- Consult owner’s manual for optional racing parts
- Meets current CARB and EPA emissions standards
- Specifications subject to change