TORRANCE, Calif. (July 31): American Honda Motor Co., Inc. announced today that it will extend the contract with factory supercross and motocross rider Trey Canard for an additional two years. Canard has spent his entire pro-fessional career with the Honda brand, and this agreement continues that relationship, as the Oklahoma native will campaign a factory Honda CRF450R in the AMA Supercross Championship and AMA Pro Motocross Championship during the 2015 and 2016 seasons.“I’m so excited to continue my long relationship with Honda for another two years,” Canard said. “The company, the team and everyone involved is really motivated about racing, and we’re all pushing hard and doing our best. I’ll continue to always give my best effort over these next two years, and we’re shooting for wins and championships. The enthusiasm around Honda right now is a really good thing that I’m excited to be a part of, and I think 2015 is going to be a great year for us.”After sitting out the entire 2014 AMA Supercross series while recovering from a broken arm, Canard has made a no-table comeback this summer in AMA Pro Motocross, regularly finishing on the podium. With three rounds remaining, he currently sits third in the points standings.“We are very much looking forward to having Trey back with Honda for two more years,” said Ray Conway, Director of Racing at American Honda. “He has been with the company for his entire professional career, and he is a joy to work with. His performance this season, particularly in the Pro Motocross Championship, demonstrates his potential, and we’re expecting even better things from him in 2015 and ’16.”
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.
- BILLY BOLT WINS THIRD CONSECUTIVE FIM WORLD SUPERENDURO CHAMPIONSHIP
- 2023 DETROIT SUPERCROSS RESULTS
- JARED LESHER’S YAMAHA YZ250 RACE BIKE : 2-STROKE TUESDAY
- THE RIDE SHOP AZ DARK KNIGHT KTM 500: TWO-STROKE TUESDAY
- MXREVIVAL BRC YZ500 PROJECT FINAL UPDATE: 2-STROKE TUESDAY
- ADAM CIANCIARULO SIDELINED WITH WRIST INJURY: NO RACING AT ROUND 7
- RANSOM KAWASAKI KX500AF UNSEEN PHOTOS: TWO-STROKE TUESDAY
- NGPC HEADS TO BLYTHE!
- DESTRY ABBOTT’S LAST FACTORY KX500 RACE BIKE: TWO-STROKE TUESDAY
- COOPER WEBB RAW HOT LAP HOUSTON SUPERCROSS
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.