Atlanta Results: Stewart Beats Back RC, While Dung
With a crowd of 70,000 plus looking on, James Stewart and Ricky Carmichael were once again up to their old tricks as they battled for the lead in the first east coast round of the 2007 AMA Supercross series. In the 250 class, it looks like Suzuki team manager Roger DeCoster has more than the RC card to play as his rookie hiring, Ryan Dungey, scored a win against a packed field of top competitors.
* Ivan Tedesco looks to have gotten his game back by running as high as third before being passed by Reed to eventually finish fourth.
* How about privateer Bryan Johnson finishing a career high seventh place for his Butler Bros./Honda racing team.
* After missing all of last season due to an injury, Monster Energy/Pro Circuit rider Ben Townley finally made a return to the indoor series. The former GP rider was well on his way to a podium finish when his Kawasaki lost its motor.
* The Pro Circuit team still found some good news in the second place finish by newly crowned arenacross champ Darcy Lange who took over from Townley to finish second. Lange was a last minute replacement for Aussie Bret Metcalf who has yet to recover from his own shoulder injury.
* Despite leading the race early-on, Mike Alessi failed to finish after he crashed and hurt his shoulder. KTM still had a top ten runner in Zach Osborne who finished seventh.
* Yamaha of Troy was well represented up front with Matt Goerke finishing an impressive third and followed in by his teammate, Ryan Morais.
450 Point Standings