In this week’s 2-Stroke Tuesday brought to you by Boyesen, we give you a detailed look at our 2006 KTM 200 complete rebuild for test rider Spencer Clark. Check out the Hardware section for the latest in goodies from Kite, Motul and Rekluse. Two-Stroke theater is packed full of action and don’t forget to click the exclusive link at the bottom of this page for the history of Yamaha’s YZ250.
Our project 200 is a transition bike of sorts. Test rider Spencer Clark wasn’t really ready for 250cc four stroke but had outgrown his CR85. If you have a rider in this situation the KTM 200 is the answer.
The engine was rebuilt using OEM replacement parts from Vertex, Hot Rods and some service from Millennium Technologies.
Tugger lifting straps are great when you get into sticky situations on the trail. We put them on both ends of the 200.
Increasing fuel mileage is easy with a little help from IMS. An oversized tank makes long trips possible and that extra piece of mind knowing you have enough gas is priceless.
Trail Tech’s X2 light provides ample amounts of light and is easy to install
For very tight technical trails that have slippery rocks or roots, having a trials tire is like cheating. The Dunlop D3o3 was our choice for the 200 build.
Yes, we added a couple aftermarket items for a little extra power off bottom and durability on the trail.
TWO STROKE HARDWARE
Powerful, biodegradable degreaser for the entire motorcycle leaves a corrosion-resistant film to protect paint, metallic components and varnished parts.
- Safe for use on all surfaces: plastic, synthetic fabrics, paintwork, varnish, metal, etc.
- Efficiently removes all traces of grease, dust, soil, bugs, brake pad residue, etc.
- Dries evenly.
- Biodegradable: Motul Moto Wash is environment friendly. Biodegradable in 23 days at 99% (inherent biodegradability and ultimate biodegradability) according to OCDE 302B method.
Price : $ 10.99 and up
Contact : www.motul.com
Using the principles of centrifugal force this clutch automatically engages and disengages based on RPM. This means you can come to a complete stop in gear, without touching the clutch lever, and your bike stays running.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- – Prevents engine stalls
- – Clutch lever use is optional; lever feel and function are unchanged
- – Smooth power engagement increases traction
- – Cooler operating temperatures and incredibly efficient clutching provide extended clutch life
- – Allows riders to refine skills like precise throttle control, line selection, and cornering
- – Proprietary billet components offer superior durability
- – Riding is enhanced, more fun, and less demanding so riders can conquer more terrain
- – Fully tunable to suit rider and/or terrain
- – Manaul shifting of transmission still required
- – Most installations do not require modification of stock parts
Price : $ 799.00
Contact : www.rekluse.com
TWO STROKE THEATER
See the history of Yamaha’s YZ250. CLICK THE IMAGE NOW !