In this weeks Two Stroke Tuesday brought to you by Rydcrew.com we give you a sneak peak at our Craigslist YZ125 rebuild. Show you some hardware from Cycra and Wrench Rabbit along with a little 2-stroke rewind topped off with our very own 2-stroke theater.
As you can see our Craigslist YZ125 has seen better days but from this angle it doesn’t look that bad. It gets worse trust us.
Missing a few parts but nothing a fender and a pipe can’t fix or so we thought! We should have grabbed a flashlight and took a closer look in the cylinder .
It’s amazing what some elbow grease and some new parts can do. Installed some Cycra plastics, FMF pipe, Boyesen products and a host of other items.
The suspension got some love from Race Tech.
This is how the build looks currently. Just waiting on a graphics and a seat cover !
Powerflow Intake Race Systems – Dramatically decreases operating temperatures; By-pass airflow technology; Cools bike by maximizing cooling effeciency; Injection molded precise fit and high gloss finish.
– Model: 2005-2014 Yamaha YZ125, YZ250
– Color: Lighting Gold with White Number Panels
– Side Panel allows the customer to use exsisting airbox, yet gives the advanced styling of the modern YZs
Powerflow Body Kit Includes:
– Powerflow Intake Radiator Shrouds
– Performance Front Fender
– Powerflow Rear Fender
– Stadium Number Plate
Retail Cost : $219.99
- Wrench Rabbit Engine Rebuild Kit has everything you need for a complete engine rebuild, in a convenient all in one box. No more hassle of finding each individual part you’ll need for the rebuild. Wrench Rabbit kit saves money compared to buying the parts individually.
- Kit Includes:
-Vertex Piston Kit (standard compression piston, rings, pin and clips)
-Hot Rods Heavy Duty crank (stock stroke- includes wrist pin bearing for two strokes)
-Hot Rods main bearing/seal kit
-Hot Rods transmission bearing kit (includes transmission bearings, output shaft collar and sprocket lock washer)
-Hot Rods counter balancer bearing kit
-Hot Rods water pump bearing and seal kit
-Vertex complete gaskets kit, including seals and O-ring kit (covers top and bottom)
-Hot Cams cam chain (for 4-stroke models)
Retail Cost : $495.99
Here is a clean looking CR250 in our archives that Blayne Thompson rode during one of the Glen Helen Endurance races back in 2013.
This was Sean Colliers 2-Stroke World Championship winning machine two years in a row!